Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Tech Tool that Will Save You Time & Money!

A loss of data is not only frustrating, it can be debilitating. In my business, losing all my client files and documentation would create a major and irreversible problem. Parting with my personal files would also mean the loss of cherished photos, tax information, writing, and not to mention, all the business school files I kept. (Since grad school cost me $40k, it would not be a small loss!)

So I follow a very careful protocol to secure my data that includes weekly transfers to an external hard drive, monthly disc burns for off-site storage, and now, online file storage. I searched extensively for a simply, easy to use and cost effective provider and I'm thrilled with the SOS online back up service I chose. (So is PC Magazine, which has given the company two awards of excellence.) It's simple, easy to use and cost effective.

In the event of a computer crash, fire or complete melt down, I know my data is protected. Check it out today. For $50 or less per year, it will save you sleep and money in the event of a melt down.

PS - hmm, which wine would pair with technology? I'm thinking about the clean branding of Apple, SOS, and many other tech companies. How about a clean tasting, floral and fruity Riesling Kabinett?

1 comment:

Jen Polite said...

Backing up my work has been on my to-do list for months! I will definitely look into this. Thanks for the tip!